For years, I’ve been making recipes from the New York Times, like this lemon chicken with capers. I’ve been thinking of adding more recipes to my repertoire on here. There are a lot of things people don’t know how to make. I’ve made this a few times and it’s always been a great hit.
I made this recipe for my wife and kids when we were in Rome. It’s really simple and delicious, and it’s a great way to use up leftover capers or jarred capers. Lemon chicken is one of my favorite meals to make when I have company over.
It’s so easy to make and it tastes amazing. I love to serve it with the lemon caper sauce, but it’s even better with the capers when you use them instead of just salt and pepper. For this recipe I like to use boneless chicken thighs, but you can use whatever kind of chicken you prefer.
Capers and Lemon Chicken is a hearty, melt-in-your-mouth dish that you’ll want to cook again and again.
Capers and Lemon Chicken
Have you visited a Brio Tuscan Grille before? If you have, I’m sure you’ve come back many times, just as I have. Their cuisine is both inventive and delectable. And everything I’ve ordered has turned out to be a hit. And everything I’ve ordered has turned out to be a hit.
Like the Limone Chicken meal. It’s fantastic, and the reason I keep buying it is because I’m trying to figure out how to make this melt-in-your-mouth meal so I can replicate it in my own kitchen.
I asked our server if they could share the formula with me, but she said no, it’s a trade secret. I can’t blame them, particularly considering this meal is one of their most popular menu items.
She did remark she thought it had been marinated first. As a result, I had to return to the kitchen. My marinade attempt didn’t work out. It’s much too lemony. However, the egg wash I made appeared to be the correct consistency.
I spotted the Head Chef as I was leaving Brio’s recently and told him how much I loved all of the meals, particularly the Chicken Limone.
When I inquired whether it had been marinated beforehand, he said, “No.”
And it all worked out in the end. Tender, flavorful, tangy, juicy, and buttery are all words that come to mind while thinking about this dish.
Finally, the Lemon Chicken with Capers was mastered.
When I received a wonderful evaluation from a chef, I knew I was near.
“I’m a chef at Eatzi’s and used to run Brio,” he said. The recipe you’ve provided is excellent. Exceptional work!” Collins, M.
When I read it, believe me, I was overjoyed.
Lemon Chicken with Capers Ingredients
- Breasts of chicken
- Flour of Wondra
- Olive Oil is a kind of oil that comes from
- Wine made from white grapes
- Broth made with chicken
- Juice of a lemon
Lemon Chicken with Capers Recipe
- To begin, cut each breast in half horizontally and put each piece in a zip lock bag.
- Pound the chicken until it is about a quarter-inch thick.
- Prepare a floured plate.
- Then, in a big mixing bowl, crack one egg and whisk it together.
- Add olive oil to a frypan set over medium-high heat.
- Then season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Dredge in flour and then egg wash both sides.
- The chicken breasts should then be added to the frypan.
- Allow 2 minutes for browning, then turn and brown the other side for another 2 minutes.
- Place the chicken on a platter.
- Cook the lemon slices in the frypan for approximately 1 minute on each side.
- Toss the chicken with the lemon slices.
- Then, toss in the shallots that have been chopped.
- Allow 1 minute for them to sauté.
- Combine the wine, lemon juice, and chicken broth in a mixing bowl.
- Remove browned pieces from the bottom of the pan with a whisk.
- Allow for a 5-minute reduction.
- After that, reduce the heat to medium and add the lemon juice and capers.
- Continue whisking until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with the sauce drizzled over the chicken and lemon wedges.
You may have noticed that I cook with a lot of lemons. I like lemons for the brightness and liveliness they provide to any meal, but I also appreciate them for their health benefits.
Did you know that only one medium lemon provides 51% of your daily Vitamin C requirement? That’s incredible!
Please leave a comment below and save this recipe to Pinterest if you like it! Lemon Butter Chicken from the Mediterranean is also a good option.
Lemon Chicken with Capers
In one mouthful, Lemon Chicken with Capers is juicy, tender, flavorful, zesty, and buttery.
15-minute prep time
Time to cook: 9 minutes
24 minutes total
Main Dish Course
Lemon Chicken Recipe (Keyword)
4 people servings
calorie count: 236 kcal
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts Pounded to 1/4″ thick after being cut in half horizontally.
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- a half teaspoon of pepper
- Flour (1/2 cup)
- 1 egg (large)
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 minced shallot
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- a quarter cup of white wine
- Chicken broth, 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Capers, 1 1/2 tbsp
- Dredge both sides of the chicken in flour and shake off any excess flour. The floured chicken should be dipped in the egg wash.
- 2 tbsp olive oil in a frypan over medium high heat, then add chicken to pan. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes, or until browned. Cook for another 2 minutes on the other side before transferring to a serving dish.
- Cook for 1 minute on each side after adding the lemon slices to the pan. Lemon slices should be added to the chicken.
- 1 tbsp butter, chopped shallots, 1 tbsp butter, chopped shallots, 1 tbsp butter, chopped shallots, 1 t Cook for 1 minute, or until softened. After that, pour in the wine, lemon juice, and chicken broth. Using a whisk, scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any burnt pieces. Allow 5 minutes for the liquid to reduce. Add 2 tbsp butter and the capers to a medium-high heat pan. Continue to whisk until the sauce has thickened.
- Drizzle the sauce over the lemon wedges and chicken.
236 calories | 16 grams of carbohydrates | 3 grams of protein | 16 grams of fat | 6 grams of saturated fat | 63 milligrams of cholesterol | 474 milligrams of sodium | 100 milligrams of potassium | 1 gram of fiber | 1 gram of sugar
Grilled lemons are an easy and delicious way to make chicken extra special. They add a subtle depth of flavor that is hard to achieve with other methods, such as marinating. The resulting chicken is juicy and flavorful, and you will not be disappointed.. Read more about lemon caper chicken thighs and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does piccata mean in Italian?
Piccata is a type of Italian pasta dish that typically has a sauce made from butter, lemon juice, capers, and parsley.
What is the difference between chicken piccata and chicken francese?
Chicken piccata is a dish made with sauteed chicken, lemon, capers, and white wine. Chicken Francese is a dish made with bread crumbs, butter, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
Why is my chicken piccata bitter?
The chicken was cooked in a bitter sauce.